Friday, March 18, 2011

Depths, of various kinds.

Well, had a semi-producive day in The Spiral, exp wise. The drop rate is less-than-optimal, and grouping becomes the best policy. But you already know that. That Nightchaser guy you fight twice (with the medallion) is *BRUTAL*. Fortunately, friends were available, and I'm moving on...

Point is, I did something tonight I rarely do. I "hung out" with my friends Ronan Icehunter, Kestrel Shadowthistle, and John Lifeglen. Just talking (No, no keyboard. Yes open chat (now) fixed). No questing, just "catching up". I have to admit, it was the highlight of the gaming day, for me.

Friends are precious, handle with care!

On another note, got to Stormriven Hall, today, and my first impulse was "Ohmygoodness, it's Soul Reaver's  Spectral Plane! Squee!"

Now, to the uninitiated, Soul Reaver is part of a (console) series that featured amazing vocal dialogue, mind-twisting storyline (that makes for a timeline chart that will melt your brain), and thought-provoking plot twists that make you wonder which side of the coin you're on. All this from a (mild) "hack, slash, and devour" game (They *are* vampires, after all). Can you tell I like this series? Of course you can!

Tell me this isn't like Stormriven, Ah, Old Skool memories.

So, there we have it. Depths of the heart, the mind,and the memory. Great day of gaming in The Spiral!

No comments: