Thursday, July 2, 2009

Of vocal enhancements

You know, I'm loving the voice overs now, with the release of Grizzleheim.

However, one particular voice caught me "off guard". The voice of "The Narrator". I didn't see that one coming. I, myself wonder who it is that provides that voice.

See, thing of it is, is I do daycare for 2 little ones, ages 2 and 4. And one of the *few* programs they can agree on is Calliou. Now, whatever does this have to do with W101? I'm so glad you asked. You see, when I first heard our new Narrator, my mind instantly connected it with another Narrator. Yes, you guessed it. The Narrator for Calliou. Here's a clip, to compare for yourself:


See, (or, rather "hear"), a similarity? Other candidates that I might have considered would be Marion Ross or perhaps Waylon Jennings, the "Balladeer" of The Dukes of Hazzard, Except he's passed on..

I duuno, just thinking aloud, is all. ;)

No comments: